Here's how I did the box.
- I purchased a 4" valentine candy box.
- I decided that the lid and base would be combined to make a base.
- I cut the sides so I could fit them together.
- I added some foam pieces in the center of the hearts to support the floor.
- The floor was cut from matt board. I traced around the two combined hearts.
- I glued the floor to the heart base using some cardboard tabs that I glued to the edges of the heart and the underneath of the floor.
- I applied glue to the floor and then added a light color carpet (velour).
- I trimed the carpet next to the heart base.
- I added red foil (gift wrap) to the white heart so both sides of the heart where red.
- I added some trim just below the carpet and another trim around the edge of the heart base. I painted the base that extended red before applying the red trim.
Glue and clip to hold while drying.
The items in this room except the tables all came from swaps.
The glass table was made by cutting a top from plexi glass, the sides are a metal finding that I used my dremel tool to cut apart. The same with the brace at the bottom.
The round table is made with a plastic desicant container. I added gold ribbon around the base. The red topper is a red foil that I got in a swap. I cut to 1 1/2" square and then carefully shaped to fit over the base.
To completely finish this project I will need to make two chairs to go with the table.
See more photos of the 'finished' project here: