Friday, November 22, 2013

The Pink Seahorse Gift shop - Souvenir from QC Conv Cruise 2013

In September 2013, I was a part of the Quarter Connection Online Convention for 2013.  The theme this year was a cruise.
Our souvenir was a gift shop kit that includes several other kits from the QC team.

I have posted full photos on my picture trail.

I only made a few changes to the kit. 
The kit included a couple of choices for the awning and I choose this one with the pink seahorses on it.  I used the colors from that to paint my gift shop.
I did not use the exterior siding - it was grey boards.  Instead I just painted the box pink.
I meticulously painted the seahorse on the trim pieces pink.  I was very careful to leave the laser cut details.
The roof is a printie from the kit but I used a yellow wash to change the color.
Then I used my computer to create my name sign. 

This was a truly awesome souvenir.  It was the first time I worked on a project during an online convention.  That was fun, chatting with everyone as I worked on the project.  I wasn't able to finish, but was determined to get back to it soon.  Considering I haven't finished any other convention souvenir kit, I think three months is very timely.

No comments: