Back when I did the tree for the tea party scene I also finished up the wallpapering for the court section. I envisioned this stately court with a dais and paneling on the walls... but then I went to my stash; I didn't find what I was looking for. What did happen was just a nice brown paneled room - wood wallpaper and floor plus a shiny ceiling. I am pleased with this section despite the grandiose ideas I had to start with. That is normal for me to dream and then scale back once I realize I don't have the space, materials or whatever it takes to make the dream happen.
This week I have finally gotten back in there and made progress.
First, I finished up the top. I just went with a hedge of sorts. But before I glued it down, I decided to make the rabbit hole smaller.
The hole was just too big and it bothered me, so I added paper inside and painted it. Then I added more paper (after the above photo) to make it even smaller and more ragged. Once painted brown under and green on top, while the paper was still wet with glue, I poked the new hole. I added glue and filled the area with greenery.
This hole actually goes down into the ground some and I am pleased iwth it now.
Also note the light down below - to the right.
Mr. Rabbit looks quite dapper, but almost too small. Yet, I remind myself, that he would be smaller than her.
Back to the court
I already had the two guards made so next was to make the queen.
I really wanted her to be over the top and I think I did with her. The king on the other hand was more robust instead. One touch I added for the king was the wig. It was in my notes so I added it.
I discussed how I made them previously. The king has a bead to enhance his girth. All the card people are enhanced with bits of ribbon, shiny paper, trim, beads, sequins and glitter. It was fun to pull out different parts of my stash to play with.
I also got creative to cover the heads on the K and J because they are two headed. Just looked funny to have that head upside down. The Q it was hidden in her skirt, but for the K I used a half of a sequin. For J I used a whole heart sequin and added the sash over it.
I was also trying to make him look guilty for stealing those tarts by folded him over a bit.
The table with the tart tray is a gold painted bird bath using a paint pen. It covered the best although getting into a few spots was tricky. I used a heart shape sequin for a tray. The tarts are some things I made years back for a swap and I went crazy making extra for once.
I also added glitter to the rabbit's clothes to enhance him.
This one shows the full court and how it is with the rest of the project on that side.
I still need to add edging and then lastly I will be finishing up the tea party.