Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Mother Goose 9-10-11-12-13

How I made sections 9-10-11-12-13 for my Mother Goose Challenge Project

This was a purchased book that I added the walls to make sections.  
I painted over the inside before I added wallpaper so there was no color show-thru.
9 Little Jack Horner
The stool with the pie is a swap item from Ruth Goodger. Sweet.
I made the wallpaper.  Flooring by Joe Hermes.
To make Jack I modified a resin rabbit. With my dremel tool, I removed the spy glass leaving just the top to paint as a plumb on his thumb.  I also removed a pail of water with the boat. Then a repaint.

10 Mother Hubbard
The shelf unit/cupboard is my own design.  
The dog and bowl were metal minis from Susan Korman. I did the painting.
I made the wallpaper.  Flooring by Joe Hermes.

11 Hickory Dickory Dock
The clock and mouse were a swap made by Heather Drinkwater.  Cute.
Rug from a previous swap by Sharon Anderson.
I made the wallpaper.  Flooring by Joe Hermes.

12 Pussycat, Pussycat
The throne is a swap item by Catherine Wojewoda.  See the face and tail?
I made the wallpaper.  Flooring from a supply swap.

13 Humpty Dumpty
I was very interested to learn that Humpty was a canon - a very large one that got knocked off a wall.  
I used the graphics from ME's book - modified to fit the area and what I wanted to show.
I wanted an egg for Humpty, but also didn't want to buy one.  I made him using polymer clay. First I made a egg shape of foil.  Then added a layer of clay.  I cut around his middle before I baked him.  I also insert pins into the spots for the wires.  Then to the oven.
He came apart quite nicely.  I removed the foil unsure if he would be totally open.  It helped to work on the wires that way.
Under him is indeed an egg yolk.  I just made sense why he was broken  beyond repair.  
I did paint him all white and had shaped his face.  That was creepy  and so he got some extra paint to soften the stark white and add some clothes.  

No comments: